The Fell Charter School mission is to enhance the educational vision of all students, parents, educators, and community followers by offering a classical education with the latest technology. One of only three charter schools in Northeast Pennsylvania, we provide new opportunities, such as learning through hands-on experience, in addition to “book knowledge.” Innovative techniques using computer technology and adaptive software, along with the traditional “blackboard learning” further strengthens our student’s knowledge base.
Our charter school uses varied assessments to enable all students to demonstrate their understanding of concepts and skills by providing each student with a personalized learning plan, thus encouraging competition to excel. Through autonomy, we believe our school can better achieve our goals by providing smaller class sizes, smaller overall campus size and a stronger voice for the faculty and the community in the school’s structure and curriculum.
Our highest priority is to provide a world-class education for all children in a safe and advanced academic facility. Our Board of Trustees works with the community to empower all those who wish to participate to further the education of all students. Every student and faculty member has a gift to offer. We support and require parent participation in each child’s performance; parents are welcome to play a more active role in their child’s education.
Our school is about more than just learning; our goal is to provide the world with responsible, morally sound, well-educated citizens, which we believe is the foundation for life.
The content-rich World Cultures Curriculum converges high-tech with the humanities, combining the rigors of a classical education with the relevance required by contemporary culture. Our interdisciplinary program instills in students a captivating conceptual understanding and chronological picture of history, as well as an awareness of the interrelationships between different domains of knowledge.
For more detailed information regarding the World Cultures curriculum, or any other questions you may have, parents are invited to call the school and arrange for a private tour to learn more about our world-class education model.
Fell Charter School Best Practices
Dedicated to the Mastery of Essential Life Skills:
- Explicit phonics instruction in K-2
- Classical and multi-cultural literature for reading and writing instruction
- Accelerated Reading and Math software tutorial to enable students to work at their individual levels of instruction in the classroom
- Math and Science taught as discrete subjects, aligned to state recommendations
With rotating specials in Music, P.E. and Spanish, features our World Cultures Curriculum:
- Interdisciplinary, multi-media program that engages students in the hands-on study of great ideas in world history and generates connections across the curriculum
- Cultural literacy fostered by World Cultures encompasses the disciplines of social science, history, drama, music, art, geography, literature, philosophy, ethics, economics and scientific innovation