From the Desk of Miss Walsh….
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As of today, we have reached the recommended maximum number of identified positive COVID cases in our school. We therefore will begin virtual education starting tomorrow (Wednesday) for grades 1 through 8. Kindergarten families have received “Snow Packets” which you can begin tomorrow.
We will be virtual this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Rather than doing an 11:00 dismissal on Friday, we will follow our virtual learning schedule. Virtual classes start at 9:45 a.m. and run through 3:10 p.m.
Points to remember:
1. All our positive COVID cases are NOT in the school building at this time.
2. We are NOT recommending anyone get tested at this time, UNLESS while at home your child (or someone in the home) develops symptoms (please see the attached symptom list from Mrs. Urzen).
3. If you or your child does display symptoms please contact your medical provider immediately followed by contacting Mrs. Urzen, R.N. (BUrzen@fellcharter.com).
4. All positive COVID case families have already worked with Mrs. Urzen on next steps. If while we are doing virtual learning, you or your child tests positive please reach out to Mrs. Urzen for next steps (BUrzen@fellcharter.com).
5. We will all be available via email should you have questions.
We have prepared for the possibility of going virtual. Students have reviewed with classroom teachers how to connect virtually. I will ask each teacher to send to you later today their virtual teaching schedule as a reminder.
I appreciate your patience while we make this temporary change in learning.
Please stay safe, follow good hygiene protocols and contact us with any questions.